Lanark LochHyndford Road, Lanark
A 20 acre man-made loch, built in the early 19th century by architect Hugh Marr on the site of a small pond which was probably used by the local curling club. It became the main water supply for Lanark and the surrounding area until 1881, when it was superseeded by Loch Lyoch on the slopes of Tinto.
The loch is a popular centre for recreation, walking, jogging, picnicking, feeding the swans or simply relaxing in this lovely environment.
Popular with fishermen, the loch is stocked with carp to provide sport for course fishing, but there are pursuits for all, including children’s activities, pitch and putt golf, a café in the summer and lovely walks all year round.
The Inn on the Loch featured in our places to eat and drink selection is a fully licensed restaurant and a music venue.
Facilities available include:
- The Inn on the Loch
- 9 hole putting green
- 9 hole pitch and putt course
- boating pond with bumper boats
- course fishing (permit only)
- children's play area
- Refreshment kiosk*
- Picnic benches throughout the park
- Disabled access Level access
Facilities operate between mid April and the end of September. For more information on this and other outdoor recreation activities please telephone Hamilton Palace Sports Ground on 01698 424101.
*These facilities are operated on a franchise basis. Opening times may vary and take into consideration recognized periods of demand, daylight hours and school holidays