A fairly new park to Lanark, it became public in 1928 at the bequest of Mr James Smith Watson of Delves House, who left it to the Town Council on his death. In 1938 a Dr Thom gifted money for tarring part of the ground and for erecting swings.
This small leafy park was once a popular play area for kids. The swings are still there but these days it’s mostly used by dog walkers and those taking a shortcut down to Castlebank Park from the town centre.
A lovely spot in all seasons, it’s the perfect sun trap and a great place for a quiet picnic on a warm summer's day.
Walkers can visit Delves Park as part of routes involving the historic Castlegate, Wellgate, Castlebank Park and onto New Lanark World Heritage Site.
Attractions nearby include a variety of shops & eateries, Tolbooth Heritage & Arts Hub and the site of William Wallace's house.
No booking required.
Designed & built by Mucky Puddle